After the summer and the coming cool winter season, after the long sunny days, full of fruits, I really need something with much more calories. Winter season has always been accompanied with one of my favorite home-made desserts cream caramel, also called « crème aux œufs » in French. This is a very simple recipe, with one very technical part, the baking part. The good point is that main ingredients could be used in other recipes. After the « pain perdu », delicious Sunday desert, here is the « croissants perdus » recipe.
- Croissants (10 or 12 croissants)
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 250 gr sugar
- 30 gr vanilla sugar (1 bag)
- chocolate or jam
- raspberries or/ and whipped cream for the decoration
- Cut the croissants. If you want, you can put some chocolate or jam on them. Put them in a baking dish.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and milk in a bowl. Mix untill sugar melts.
- Pour the egg base on the croissants. Put the rest of the croissants. Pour the left base on the second range.
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C, about 30 minutes.
- Serve cold, with whipped cream, some red fruits or ice-cream.
. . . . . .