Summer is my favorite season, because of the holidays, the sun, the sea but also because of the variety of fruits and vegetables available on the market.
It’s true that the market is full of ready-to-eat plates. Nevertheless, since my early age, my mother told be that it is always better to cook your own meal.
Summer makes me think about watermelon (I am a real fan, can eat only this during the summer season), courgettes, eggplants.
Here is a recipe I tried this weekend, very easy and delicious, to eat for breakfast (I am really a salty breakfast person, when I have one) or for an apéritif, with grilled bread or just with a baguette. You will need 1h to prepare this delicious eggplant caviar.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 2 big eggplants
- 3 spring onions (or white onions)
- a clove of garlic
- the juice of a half lemon (30 ml)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 big basil leaves
- salt, Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and use the time to clean and peel the eggplants. Cut them to the length, so you will have 6 slices of 4 or 5 cm), put them in the oven for 40 minutes;
- During this time, cut the onions, the garlic and the basil and prepare the rest of the ingredients;
- When ready, remove the eggplants from the oven, and leave them to cool for a while. Then cut them into small cubes and place then in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix with a hand blender. Let it cool before serving.
Let’s go cook now !!!