For a long time, I was making the same Christmas cookies, with honey and cinnamon. This year I tried another recipe of my mom, with butter, a lot of butter. I decided to customize it and added some hazelnut powder and orange blossom essence. The final result is very satisfying.
– 1 egg
– 125 gr butter
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– flour (about 250 gr, for the dough) + flour for the baking part
– 150 gr of sugar
– 1 or 2 drops of essence of orange blossom (optional, Nadya’s touch)
– 50 gr of grated hazelnuts (optional, Nadya’s touch)
1) Melt the butter and add the sugar. Start beating with an electric mixer till you obtain a homogenous mix.
2) Add the egg and continue beating
3) Add the vanilla sugar and the orange blossom essence if you chose this option
4) Add the flour and the baking powder and the hazelnuts if you chose this option
Once the dough ready leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
When you start doing the different forms, use the flour in order to avoid having the dough stuck on the work surface when you roll it. Bake the biscuits for 7 minutes at 170°C (up and down with ventilator).Once the Christmas cookies are cold, use the Nutella to stick them together.
Ho ho ho, Happy Christmas.