Candlemas is actually this Thursday, February 2nd. As you may be know, here in France, we make pancakes. So, I decided to share this Bulgarian recipe with you.
In fact, in Bulgaria, we use very often yogurt in many dishes, salted ones but also cakes.
Yogurt is also used to make pancakes. It replaces the milk and the end, the result is also delicious. Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (for about 20 pancakes):
– 2 eggs
– 125 gr yogurt (1 small pot)
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– flour (about 250 gr)
– water (about 400 ml)
– 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
1) Start beating the eggs until you have a good mixture
2) Add the baking soda to the yogurt and mix well. Add the mixture to the eggs
3) Add the vanilla sugar
4) Add the flour and the water until a good pancake base is obtained.
5) Butter each pancake, once it is ready.