Each January, 6th we eat the French kings’ cake. Delicious but also full of calories, this cake can be also the perfect breakfast solution. It is easy to prepare at home, so this year we decided to try a recipe with both Nutella and frangipane (almond cream). Here is the recipe:
– 2 puff pastries (if you are patient enough, you can prepare them on your own. I preferred to buy them.)
– 2 eggs
– 150 gr almond powder
– 60 gr melted butter
– 80 gr sugar
– 2 eggs
- Start by preparing the frangipane. Mix the almond pounder, melted butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Spread on one-half of your pastry. Leave 1 cm space on the borders so you can close with the 2nd pastry. On the other part, put some Nutella and then the rest of the frangipane.
- Don’t forget to add the charm inside your cake. I put a 2 euros piece which I enveloped in aluminum foil and baking paper.
- Put some egg yolk on the borders so it would be easier to cover and close your cake.
- Make your favorite patterns and put the rest of the egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes for at 180 °C, rotating heat.
Enjoy and get rich without breaking a tooth with the charm☺
Follow me on: Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter